Sunday, February 28, 2010

Taiwan, capital: Taipei

Papa has to work on Monday & Tuesday from Taipei so mama and I joined him on Friday or the trip and we are spending the weekend in Taiwan.

The first thing that surprised me is how hot it is... like in the middle of summer ! 25 degrees and a bit humid too... how is it possible? after all we are not that far from Shanghai and at home I am still wearing my warm winter clothes!

We arrived to the hotel very quickly and then I was ready to go to bed and load energy for the next day. Guess what... we had a full agenda!

On Saturday we started the day with a very nice breakfast at the hotel. I was a bit confused in the begining because as everybody was saying "Ni Hao" to me and people were having soup & nuddles for breakfast I thought we were still in China. But as it looks like... it is not the case.

Well, some people think it is... and some other think is not.... quite confusing but the important thing is that I think I am going to have a very nice weekend and that I am going to like Taipei a lot !

First stop: National Palace Museum. It is one of the biggest museums in the world and has many nice Chinese things: furniture, paintings, ceramic,...

We joined the morning english tour and a very nice lady explained to us that most of it is the personal collection of ancient Chinese emperors. Actually, looks like a guy called Chiang Kai-shek took the things out of China and brought them to Taiwan. You see? I told you it was a touchy topic :-)

In any case, we had a lot of fun at the musem and really enjoyed the visit, specially the jade cabbage (even if I dont understand why someone would want to have a cabbage in his living room).

Ah ! and the visit to the children part of the museum was also very cool... guess who managed to get a picture taken posing like a little emperor? well.. after all.. I am el "Rey de la casa"!

After that we went for a stroll around Taipei East, the modern part of the city. Is a very nice area with many new buildings and shops. The nicest one is Taipei 101, the tallest building in the worls till 2007.

Just in the entrance of the building we found this nice "Love" sculpture (think I had seen it before in New York?) so I asked my parents if we could take a family picture there. After all... I "Love" them so much !!!!

Tomorrow I will tell you more about the trip we did today around the old city. But now I am going to bed because tomorrow we are flying back to Shanghai in the morning and I am really tired. Buenas noches !

No comments:

Post a Comment