Friday, October 9, 2009

Riding the waves

Sun, fun at the beach and a looong nap... can you think of a better plan? Today was a great day.

When I woke up at 6.30 am the sun was already shining. Not that my parents agreed... but a day like this couldn't be spent sleeping. The fun already started at breakfast because now, every day, I practice grabbing bread and fruit with my fingers and taking the spoon into my mouth. After that, we went directly to the beach.

The sea was a bit more calm today but still plenty of waves to play with ! We forgot my hat in the bedroom so I had to wear mom's hairband... which just made me look even cuter :-)

Finally I convinced my parents that I was strong enough to go and fight some waves... what do you think? Dad and I had a lot of fun and I jumped so high that the waves couldn't touch me... well, kind of, because in the end... my diapers were full of sand !

I liked it so much that I didn't want to leave so we stayed playing with the waves for nearly an hour. I am a tough cookie but, as you can imagine, by the time we returned to the pool I was more than ready for my 3.30pm nap. So, while I was dreaming of my future life as a professional surfer in Hawaii... my parents enjoyed a nice massage by the pool. Not a bad life.

Ah ! as you can see I managed to change mom's hairband for a nice red bandana... now I only need a Harley ! maybe in my next vacation trip?

No comments:

Post a Comment