Monday, October 5, 2009

A day trip to Phuket

Not very good weather today so mom and dad wouldn't let me go to the pool, instead... we went for a day trip to the town of Phuket.

We took the hotel shuttle and, even though there was a very loud Swiss lady sitting next to me, I managed to have a nice nap :-)

We went for lunch to a great nice place where a lot of local people were eating. Dad was happy because he finally had good "chicken sate" and he ate the whole plate alone while mom was feeding me. I have to say she didn't look happy when she turned round and found only a bunch of empty sticks !

I liked the waitresses at the restaurant a lot (I think it is in my genes) and they even took me to the kitchen ! it was my first time in a Thai kitchen and it really smelled very well. I think that, when I am older, I am going to like Thai food a lot !

Just outside of the restaurant there was a very nice building with many bright colors and figures. There was a very strong smell in the air and my parents told me that it was incense (I still like better the smell of the kitchen at the restaurant).

And, outside of the temple, I made another friend. Is not that I have seen many monks before.... but this one looked really cool, don't you think?

After that we went to a couple of shops and mom bough two pairs of very nice traditional Thai fisherman trousers. Unfortunately they didn't have my size... I will have to get some tailor made soon !

No comments:

Post a Comment